THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 25, 2010

It's Going to be an Epic Year...

...in music.

With the onslaught of another decade, we are bombarded with new music...by new artists, and old artists. I love that I am seeing some bands from my younger years on the list of bands releasing albums this year.

Ke$ha - "Animal" - if you haven't heard her songs yet, you must be living under a rock. I have to say, this is another Lady Gaga episode for me, and I hate that I love her songs. I do. Tick Tock, of course.

Lady Antebellum - "Need You Now" - I adore this band. Crossing the waves from pop and country, like so many other artists are doing now, they linger mostly in the twang side of the spectrum, so the fact that they are being played on the pop stations says a lot for them. I love their songs. She is both beautiful and has a sultry voice and he is hot and has a sexy smooth voice. Yes. Definitely a band worth listening to.

Rob Zombie - "Hellbilly Deluxe II" - Rob Zombie makes me want to dance... I love his songs, and his lyrics, too. A throwback to my high school days, this album is going to be added to my collection very shortly.

Fear Factory - "Mechanize" - I had not heard that Fear Factory had come out with another album, so I think I am slacking in keeping up with the new music. I am looking forward to hearing their new stuff.

Massive Attack - "Heligoland" - From the first time I heard their song "Angel," there has always been a dark, loving spot in my heart for Massive Attack. Their album Mezzanine is a constant on my mp3 player, and I am glad to see them gaining popularity with their new album.

Daniel Merriweather - "Love & War" - This guy has soul. His voice drifts towards Jonny Lang-ish at times, but that is in no way a bad thing. His song, Red, has become a favorite of mine.

Ludacris - "Battle of the Sexes" - I ♥ Luda. What else can I say? It's Luda!

Alan Jackson - "Freight Train" - I have adored Alan Jackson's music since the first time I heard Midnight in Montgomery. That is one of the most haunting songs I have ever heard. The fact that it is in the country genre has nothing to do with how downright beautiful the song is. Like Red on A Rose, too, is...incredible. I am ecstatic that he is still making music. I hope to hear from him for years to come.

Jakob Dylan - "Women and Country" - Are you joking me? Bob Dylan's son, the singer of the Wallflowers, came out with a new album and it's not on my radar? Be afraid...be very afraid. I will update with how it sounds because I adore his voice and I must listen.

Insane Clown Posse - "Bang! Pow! Boom! Nuclear Version" - It's ICP. Need I say more?! ♥

Natalie Merchant - "Leave Your Sleep" - former 10,000 Maniacs member Natalie Merchant has always been on my list of faves. I am excited about this album. Once again, haven't heard anything from it yet, but stay tuned.

Cypress Hill - "Rise Up" - Cypress Hill...no joke. AND! Now with Tom Morello. A fanatical fan of RATM, and partial to Cypress Hill's previous work, I was anxious to hear it when their new song came out on Kiss. Excellent. I like.

Jonny Lang - "Live at the Ryman" - speaking of (see Daniel Merriweather, above). I adore Jonny Lang. Excited about anything he comes out with. Still trying to find his rendition of the Stones' "Paint it Black." ♥

Sevendust - "Cold Day Memory" - Excellent. ♥


To be released...

Drowning Pool - "Drowning Pool" - It's Drowning Pool. YAY!

Melissa Etheridge - "Fearless Love" - I don't care what you say, she has a beautiful voice. Her song "Angels Would Fall" is one of my all time favorites, and I always welcome new music from her.

Hole - "Nobody's Daughter" - Not a fan. If anyone has heard this, please let me know if there is ANYTHING good on it. If you're going to give a thumbs up on this, you better be damn sure of what you're talking about.

Deftones - "Diamond Eyes" - ... o__O DEFTONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥

Tonic - "Tonic" - Still another that I should have heard about already. Another throwback, I can say I still love and listen to Tonic.

Meat Loaf - "Hang Cool Teddy Bear" - Didn't know it was out. Haven't heard anything about Meat Loaf in a hot minute. Trepidation. That's a good word for how I feel about this album, as I haven't heard anything off of it yet. But! It's Meat Loaf. I must give it a try.

Danzig - "Deth Red Sabaoth" - huh? Really?!

Smashing Pumpkins - "Teargarden by Kaleidyscope - Vol. 1: Songs For a Sailor" - I once loved Smashing Pumpkins. I heard one of their older songs the other day, and finally understood why many people didn't like them. However. It IS Smashing Pumpkins after all, and I must find out what this is all about.

Soulfly - "Omen" - Why do I always associate Soulfly with Deftones? I know I should associate with Sepultura, but... There's a memory lingering on the edge of consciousness on this one. Presque vu. Definitely looking forward to hearing this one.

Stone Temple Pilots - "Stone Temple Pilots" - Scott Weiland is at it again with STP people. My heart is exploding with anticipay........shun. ♥

Ozzy Osbourne - "Scream" - ♥ I just want to hug him. LOL

Sarah McLachlan - "The Laws of Illusion" - This is what I want. I must have this. Need this. It is Sarah McLachlan. ZOMG! Can't wait!!! ♥

Chamillionaire - "Venom" - Gotta love it. After hearing Rain, I was hooked. Hands down.

Trace Adkins - "Cowboy's Back in Town" - Don't think I've heard a song yet by this (very talllll) country singer I didn't like. Muddy Water and Hillbilly Bone (with Blake Shelton) are always on my player, and I can't wait to hear what he's got up his sleeve this time.

Bad Religion - [title tba] - Just wow.

Beastie Boys - "Hot Sauce Committee Part 1" - Seriously. Who is NOT looking forward to this release???

Cake - [title tba] - seriously? Break out the...uh...shot glasses. Yeah. YEAH!

Goo Goo Dolls - "Something for the Rest of Us" - With GGD, it was hit or miss. I either loved a song by them or I really didn't. I hope this is closer to their older days, and that the 2Ks haven't messed with their sound too much.

My Chemical Romance - [title tba] - because I actually like their songs, I am resisting the urge to scream "emos of America unite!" All joking aside, I am actually looking forward to this album.

No Doubt - [title tba] - No Doubt. No shit?! Thank God. I do NOT like Gwen Stefani out on her own. For those of you who know me and my musical preferences well, you know that there are few singers or bands that I will shun completely from my library, but Gwen on her own is one of them. I hopehopehope she doesn't screw up No Doubt for me.

The Offspring - [title tba] - honestly, I cannot say I'm digging the new tunes from one of my favorite bands from my high school days. I feel like if I looked up the phrase "sell-out" in the dictionary, I would see their pic. But...we can always hope for the best.

Panic! At the Disco - [title tba] - oh yeah.

Papa Roach - "...to be Loved" - This is a Best Of album, but seeing as I adore Papa Roach, you know it will be in my library.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - [title tba] - Let me say it again. Red Hot Chili Peppers. And again. Red. Hot. Chili. Peppers. ♥

Amy Winehouse - [title tba] - I love Amy Winehouse. I do. But...I am not holding my breath for another album from her.



Did I miss anyone? Actually, I missed a lot. Check out the full(?) list here at the AOL radio blog.

1 comments:

Keaton said...

Whoa! What an epic list! There are a few on here that I didn't even know about yet!
If you're interested in checking out my review of the new Deftones album, swing over to AudioADD.net and read the latest post - I'd love to get your comments!