THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Drunk on Coffee

Think I am exaggerating? Have you ever been to IHOP on a Friday with good friends, a great waitress, and unlimited coffee? Drunk on coffee? Oh yeah.

Tonight was an epic WIN. Yes. Ted & I get there first, then came Mike, then Xavier, then Sable, and finally Bryan. Bryan made a courtesy appearance. Turns out that he and Sable know each other from a previous job.

It's a small world, after all! It's a small world after all!

Yes, we sang Kumbaya.o__O NOT.

So we swapped stories. Of course, Ted had to tell of our drinking adventures. Mwah ha ha. :: blush ::

Everyone got along really well, which is, in and of itself, an epic win, because I am sure everyone knows what happens when you get random people together and it just doesn't click. That's always an epic fail.

So, our waitress was Mike's replacement (if you don't know who Mike is, he is the waiter who served Steffi & I on numerous occasions, and who I am pretty sure we traumatized. Anywho, someone thought it was a good idea to give him a gun & handcuffs & make him a security guard. Way to go), and she was awesome. Didn't get her name, but she was also a win.

Unfortunately, I think some of her customers were being dickheads and she came out of the bathroom crying. I gave her a free hug. :) I also think she made a full paycheck from our tips. Hahahabanana. Yes.


So, John calls me around 12:45am my time, and at that time, we were all pretty sloshy on food and coffee, and I figured we'd be leaving soon. Nope. We got a coffee refill and started talking Food Network.

There was a lot of Bobby Flay and Martha Stewart bashing, and lots of love for Alton Brown. Iron Chef (the original and Iron Chef America) were talked to death, but still, it's like a phoenix, reviving from ashes. You can never have enough Food Network conversation.

We didn't leave until almost 2am. So. That is why, even though I have to be at work at 1pm tomorrow for a ten hour shift, I am here, blogging at 3am. Actually, closer to 3:30.

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful night.

I love you, John Burchett, and I cannot wait for you to meet my friends. We are dOrks, but we are awesome. (What's that song...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYws8biwOYc

0 comments: